terça-feira, 9 de junho de 2009

Boo the Frenchie

My husband and I have been wanting a dog for the last 6 months. Once we seriously discussed it, then we decided to properly educate ourselves on having a dog. Where did we go for this information? We went to Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer. We had seen a marathon of the show on Thanksgiving and we were addicted. Cesar was amazing in how he handled the dogs and we just couldn´t stop watching. One dog seemed worse than the other and somehow he was able to work with the dogs. When it was time to get a dog I went to the library and took out his book, Be the Pack Leader. There was so much valuable information in the book that we knew it would be something that would help us better understand dogs.


We decided early on that we didn´t want a puppy because they´re too much work. We also knew that we wanted a small dog (between 20-30 pounds) because we live in an apartment. We wanted to rescue a dog, since there are so many in shelters that need a home. I thought adopting a dog from a shelter would be easy, but it was far from easy. One place had us fill out an 8 page application. I filled that out 3 weeks ago and still haven´t heard from them.
We both had our heart set on a Frenchie but I wasn´t sure if we would find one that we could afford.

On Monday, I picked up a French Bulldog magazine in the pet store (I would go to pet stores and look around so when I finally got a dog I´d know what to buy...LOL!) and when I showed my husband he started looking for breeders. We called a couple of places and the dogs were expensive. I finally called a breeder in NJ and she said she had no puppies but she did have a 2 year old Frenchie for sale. My ears perked up and I wanted to know more, the more she spoke about the dog the more interested I became. I spoke to my husband and we took the 3 hour drive to NJ to see the dog. My husband instantly liked him and Boo (now Spock) took to him instantly. He was beautiful, everything we could´ve asked for in a dog. We really like the breeder and her husband and told them we would take him. He was wonderful the whole ride back home. We were both so excited and happy. I couldn´t believe I had a French Bulldog in my car and he belonged to us.

Agui with our Frenchie on the NJ Turnpike.


Me with the Frenchie at home after the long drive from NJ.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário